Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Morning prayer

Morning Prayer
     My master, why have you awoken me? What caused you to sound the Shoafer before the sun could exhale upon your lands? Surely there are others that are more worthy than me...to feel your kiss upon the neck! I have been good for nothing sovereign master. Look! See how the fields you have given me have returned no fruit! The treasures you have entrusted your servant with have been thrown away in my drunkenness at the market place! Please don't open my eyes for I am ashamed to see you face and I am not worthy to share the same space with your glory!Forgive me master and send me penniless and naked away from your estate. Don't allow me , the very least of your servants to defile your name any longer! It is better that your grace send me away to the abyss, never to return.
    My Master! Why have you awoken me? There is your son! I see him approaching the doorway, his starburst already scattering the darkness within! Where can I hide my shame? How can I outrun my keeper? Who am I? Who am I? Who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment